Information about cookies
1. What are cookies and why we use them in the Bad Roll Games web?
2. What kind of cookies use the Bad Roll Games websites?
Cookies, in terms of their permanence, may be divided into session or permanent cookies. The first expire when the user closes the browser. The second expire when the purpose for which they serve (for example, to keep the user identified in the Punkapocalyptic web and forums) is met, or when manually deleted. Additionally, depending on their functions, cookies may be classified as follows :
· Performance cookies: This type of cookie remembers your preferences in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service every time you visit . For example, this type includes:
- Adjusting the volume of audio or video players.
- The video transmission speeds compatible with your browser.
· Geolocation cookies: These cookies are used to find out which country are you in when a web or service is requested. This cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content of its location.
· Registration cookies: These cookies are generated once the user registers itself or opens its session afterwards, and are used to identify you on the web and services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if you close a service or web browser or computer and in another time or another day reenter the service or website, you will be correctly identified , thus facilitating navigation without having to identify themselves again. This functionality can be deleted if the user presses the feature «Exit», so that this cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the website the user will have to log in to be connected.
- Check whether the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to enter a contest.
- Additionally, some services may use third-party links such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user logs in to a service with a social network credentials or third identification system, authorizes them to save a persistent cookie to remember his identity and ensures access to the site until it expires . You can delete this cookie and revoke access to the web via social networks or third identification system updating your preferences on the specific social network .
· Analytical Cookies : Each time a user visits a Web Service or a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and the like) generates an analytic cookie on the user’s device . This cookie is only generated in this visit, and in future visits to the services of Bad Roll Games will identify anonymous visitors. Its main objectives are :
- Allow anonymous users identification thanks to the cookie (it identifies browsers and devices, not people), approximately counting the number of visitors and their trends over time.
- Anonymously identifying the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- Whether if the accessing user is new or is a repeating visitor.
3. How to disable cookies in your browser
Most current browsers allow users to configure whether to accept cookies and which ones. These adjustments are typically located on the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. These are the instructions to set cookies in the major browsers :
Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings . For more information, please consult the Google support or Help browser .
Firefox : Tools – > Options – > Privacy – > History -> Custom Settings. For more information, please refer to the Mozilla support or Help browser .
Internet Explorer: Tools – > Internet Options -> Privacy – > Settings. For more information, please refer to the Microsoft support or Help browser .
Safari: Preferences – > Security.